Saturday, September 24, 2011

Starting to feel human again!

9 days of this crazy adventure behind me and I'm finally starting to feel good again :) Yesterday was basically a blur of "A Baby Story" on TLC and 20 minute bursts of napping (don't even ask why I watched 5 hours of that show-and cried; I have no valid excuse). I ended up finally going to bed around 3 am after a mixture of feeling super weak and super hungry but ironically having no appetite. When I woke up this morning, I felt like a whole new person. I was able to shower and wash my hair on my own without feeling like I was going to pass out in a puddle of shampoo and sadness. I also somehow managed to drink half an Ensure, a little bit of orange juice and a whole cupful of asparagus soup (sounds like a delightful breakfast, I know, please keep the jealousy comments to a minimum). After managing to garden for 15 minutes and a crack at fixing my running toilet, I felt good enough to attempt some mashed potatoes. Mom whipped us this amazing mixture of sweet potatoes, chives and the hubs mixed in some garlic paste and I was oh so ready to down this mixture. I even took my bands off, got a drink, got super excited only to find out.... yeah.... I can't exactly get that past my teeth yet :( I was super frustrated/sad/defeated and was in a state of self pity for a good 20 minutes. When I re-emerged downstairs, my mother in law and sister in law were here to visit (with gifts)! I got a super cool pair of Victoria Secret sweatpants and two shirts to match :D As if that wasn't cool enough, Mom called and decided that I needed to finally leave the house and was determined to come pick me up to do some Halloween decoration shopping for my house. After finally being convinced to go back to eating out of the syringe, I managed to eat a whole cup of chicken soup that I threw in the blender which had mushrooms, corn and shredded chicken and I watered down with chicken broth... OMG, probably the best thing I'd had all week. So I set out for my big, outta the house trip. The first thing I saw on the shelf was this delicious looking candle which I promptly ended up smashing into my chin since I have no concept of where my facial features are anymore. It hurt like hell but I was still able to find some super cool Halloween decorations and quickly rushed home as I was super tired. Tomorrow I'm going to venture to make some Creamy Chicken Wild Rice soup that my bestie, Alexis and her husband, Matthew brought for me yesterday. Let's just hope that rice blenderizes as well as I hope it does! Time to cuddle up to Finding Nemo... not my idea of a typical Saturday night but I better get used to it until I gain my strength. Night!

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are cracking me up. I love your sense of humor. I can relate to it and I know the only way I'm going to get through this is to thoroughly laugh at myself along the way. Laughter is the best medicine, even if it hurts.

    and I am absolutely positive that I will be watching A baby story over and over myself.

    Thanks for keeping us up to date with your happenings and healings.

    Hang in there..

    I'm only a few weeks behind you. Two weeks from tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete