Thursday, September 15, 2011

The hard part begins...

Day before surgery in the doc's office

And so the journey began....

I'm out!!! The toughest parts are definitely ahead of me but I'm so, so glad that surgery is over. My mouth is completely wired shut for now which gives the most anxious feeling ever. I already miss the feeling of licking my lips, talking, and, oh, BREATHING, lol. I just really want to open my mouth already :( I'm doped up on a million kinds of pain meds so I hopefully go back to sleep soon but short recap of surgery-everything went perfectly and it lasted about 3 1/2 hours, spent an hour in recovery then got moved over here to my room. I am wearing the fanciest gown ever and i'm pretty sure everyone, including the guy who refills the vending machine has seen my ass. Plus they insist on you wearing these fancy yellow socks while you're here. One side has rubber padding on them so I turn them over thinking that's naturally the bottom, yeahhh no, BOTH sides have rubber on them. WTF? Anyway pain is about 6 right now. The nausea is way worse than the pain and my face doesn't quite look like a pumpkin yet, perhaps a small cantaloupe. Hanging out with Mom and trying to obsess about opening my mouth. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment