Wednesday, September 14, 2011

6 hours and counting...

BEFORE: My gross overbite-I will not miss you!

BEFORE: Profile shot! receding chin
BEFORE: teeth completely overlap and do not touch in the back

BEFORE: my big ol' before smile

BEFORE: I forced my lower jaw up for this shot to see all the hooks, 10 in alll
Hi. My name is Lara and I'm about 6 hours away from being admitted for in patient jaw surgery and it's finally starting to feel real. My stomach is currently in knots so I'll be short in my background leading up to this crazy journey but promise to update more along the way. Other people's blogs throughout their jaw surgeries have been immensely helpful to me so I figured what better way to have a forum to say all the things I will physically not be able to say but still want to share with my friends? Thus, this blog was created. I first sought an orthodontist consult in early 2010 for major spacing and an overbite and ended up getting a full metal mouth in early June 2010. A year an a half later, I've been diagnosed with Congential Mandibular Hypoplasia and a Maxillofacial Occulsion (which is a fancy way of say I have a recessive jaw and chin). Thankfully, I found an amazing surgeon who can fix this and in a few short hours, I'll be having my lower jaw broken and moved forward 7 mm and my chin broken and moved forward 4 mm. Hospital stay is about 2 days so I'll keep you posted... WISH ME LUCK!
*Thanks to all the amazing friends, family and co workers who have been extremely supportive in the process leading up to this. I wouldn't be able to do this without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment