Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Almost 2 weeks out! Days 10-12 :D

Hola friends!

I hope everyone got a chance to go back and look at before at after pics because I know I lagged it at the beginning and didn't post any.  The past few days have been, oh, like a million times better than the past two weeks.

UPDATE: stitches are officially falling out.  I can't keep track of how many as I get an instant vomit reflex when I feel one on my tongue and I have to guide it through the gap in my teeth and use a dental pick to pry it out.  I'm assumming this is the first sign of healing?   We'll ask at the next post op... And don't even ask me how they get on the INSIDE of my mouth behind my teeth.  A mystery that shall remain unsolved.

Second item on the agenda: if I hear the word SOUP! (yelled with that affliction), BOOST! (as in the shakes) or HEAT PACK! (which are suppossed to be on my face) out of the hubs' mouth again WHILE he eats an E-N-T-I-R-E California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza to his face, we may have a problem on our hands.  Yesterday night he was kind enough to shove the pizza into my lips and get sauce all over my face so I "could at least smell it!"  I think I'd prefer to be waterboarded.  He then sent the dogs to lick it off my face since my tongue is currently being held hostage by my teeth.


I really hate soup.  I hate it.  I don't want any more of it.  People, please post some new recipies.  Oh! I almost forgot... here is my new favorite!

3 Chocolate Chip Cookies (stolen from hub's batch of 2 dozen cookies he baked on Sunday after which he stated, "Babe, I can't suffer just cause you're suffering)
2 cups milk

Blend, enjoy, send thank you emails to maclean.lara@gmail.com

Today my lovely mama forced me to get my roots done and get outta the house to watch "The Help" with her.  Made my day <3

Thanks for following!

5 comments:

  1. Who is doing your hair now-a-days? I need some color done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lara,
    I had a chance to check out your pictures and our before bite looks very similar. I am just lucky and have plenty o' chin.

    Keep up the good recovery!

    The anticipation is about to kill me personally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alexis- I sent you Kerri's info, she's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Janell-I'm so excited for you as well!! You're so lucky you don't have to have a genioplasty; that will greatly reduce the pain I'm experiencing in my chin. I'll keep following your blog for updates :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA!
    About that genioplasty. I had my preop today and it was mentioned for the first time ever! The doc put it on my consent for and said they would see if I needed it after they moved my jaw forward!

    I was like.... wha?

    They called it something else though.. another type of osteotomy. That way its not the "Plasty" that is considered cosmetic. So I guess I just wait and see what I wake up with.

    Its very exciting to see you doing so well!

    Yay for the onion soup, I will have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete